When we go home, so many things are centered around food so it's not surprising that I start thinking about everything I want to eat long before we take our trip. For Dan, that means eating his mama's cooking: fried chicken, mullet (yuck), fresh grown vegetables straight out of the garden. I make all of the things I grew up with so eating at home is no big deal for me. For me, it's all about eating out. My cravings include things like Krispy Kreme donuts, a sandwich from the Deli Case and a grinder from Santinos. I want a quesadillo or maybe nachos from Moe's and a cheeseburger from Whataburger.
My Krispy Kreme craving was fulfilled this morning with 2 chocolate glazed. Dunkin Donuts, while too convenient, doesn't hold a candle to a warm Krispy Kreme donut. Dan got his fried chicken (which I absolutely love too) and fresh vegetables for lunch and then we were planning on having a simple dinner with my parents tonight. Unfortunately, the power went out from a thunderstorm and we started thinking about Moe's or Whataburger. I think I'll be getting my cheeseburger for dinner. 3 cravings satisfied in 1 day - doing pretty good, huh?!?!
BTW - Just thought I'd add I used my parents treadmill and home gym this morning and plan to every morning for the rest of our stay so I can afford to eat everything I want to :p!
I am so with you on the food - I have my list too - I might need to pare it down a bit ;)
ReplyDelete