Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Need a List

We leave in 4 days to drive for 2 days and I am NOT ready! Between now and then, I have to get my house clean and not just going on vacation clean, but ready for the health inspector clean - literally. The health inspector is coming on Thursday morning to clear us to foster. I have a shopping trip to Ikea planned for Friday to pick up my mom's much needed last minute items and hopefully I'll know how full the car will be by that time so I can trim her list if I need too. My mom is hilarious. Every time they come, I take them to Ikea and she needs an extra suitcase to get home with all her goodies.

What else do I have to do??? Today, we need to get the car vacuumed out and washed. I was not planning on washing, but Jaelyn has begged so we'll get outside and I'll squirt them with a hose a little. It'll be loads of fun and might help me work off a little stress (the squirting, not the washing LOL). We need to get the oil in the van changed tomorrow and then go shopping for snacks and a few more entertainment items. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be easier to drive 18 hours with one 3 and two 5 year olds than it was to do with a 2, 3 and 4 year old. I have books on tape and movies for entertainment as well as coloring books and leapsters. I'm still on the hunt for magnetic paper dolls and maybe magnetic Diego or pirates or something that's not too girly for Caden. For me, I have the beginnings of a basket weave baby blanket. It's my first big knitting project and I'm using circular needles, which is also a first. I'm excited about it.

In additional to all of that, I keep thinking of things I need to pack, but I'm not writing it down. I don't know what's the matter with me. My super organized, OCD brain needs a list and I can't seem to make it!!!

So, could you say a little prayer for me! That I'll survive until Saturday morning and get everything I need to get done done, even though I'm having trouble remembering what I need to get done. Also, and most importantly, pray we survive our trip without wanting to kill each other. I'm really hoping Jaelyn doesn't start our trip with the words "How much longer till we're there?" like she did when we left Pensacola to move here!

No comments:

Post a Comment