I finally talked to the foster parent coordinator for our county yesterday. Once we finish our last two classes next week, I need to go in and meet with her to go over our home study paperwork. That's only a week and a half before we head to Florida so I'll get as much done in that time period as I can. For a small fee, we can complete session 2 that we missed online (yea) so we won't have to wait until September. We'd heard home studies had been taking months in our county, but the social worker (SW from here on out) said they've hired extra people for the summer so they should go faster. We'll have to meet with the SW two times in our home and we'll have to have the fire marshall out to clear us. Then of course there's the fingerprint clearance, reference interviews and medicals forms to complete. There may be, probably is, more, but that's all I remember from our home study 5 years ago (Yes, 5 years ago this summer we were beginning the process to adopt the girls. We've come full circle.)
I've found one friend who can cover one night for us next week. I'm still searching for someone to help the other night. Please continue praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment