Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"I Want My Mommy"

I had such high hopes for last night. We had a good day. We played outside in the back yard and at the park, rode the bikes and went for a long walk. The only problem was that Caden didn't take a nap. I was hoping that might be good since he'd be tired, but it turned out to be bad because he was tired. We left Anna and the kids at 5 happily munching away at dinner. We had an oops moment on the drive over when Anna called to ask how to open the bar on the door. I meant to open it - oh well. I must have forgotten my supermom cape at home.

Our class ran LONG - meaning we finished on time. We'd finished early every other class. The phone in the room rang about 8:40 and I knew it was going to be for me. Caden was in full melt down mode and just wanted me. He was so exhausted, but Anna didn't know what to do. The girls, btw, had been great and Jaelyn had even been trying to distract Caden by getting him to draw me a picture. She can be a really good big sister when she wants to be. I talked with a very weepy Caden and convinced him to get one of my teddy bears to hug until I got home. The last 15 minutes of the class took forever and then we had to clean up snacks (on a side note - my snacks turned out great. The 7 layer dip was totally devoured and I got several compliments on my cookies. I'm a words of affirmation kind of girl, you know!). We made it home around 9:35 to find Jaelyn awake, Allie just about asleep, and Caden conked out on the floor.

We brainstormed on the way home and I'm going to leave Anna with my parents cell phone so that maybe Baba can talk to whatever child is having issues before she tries calling us in our class. It's just such a long time for us to be gone (a 3 hour class, plus a good 45 minute drive each way) and it's late. It's a bad combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment