Allie used to take medicine so well. I'm sure it was those 9 months on INH. At some point, she had to take really bad cough medicine and that did her in. After that, she started clamping her mouth shut, hiding and spitting it back out at me (which makes my mom laugh since apparently, I would blow it off the spoon as a child). It's taken some effort and bribing, but I can get the basic medicines in her (tylenol, benadryl, even that super sweet tasting bubble gum antibiotic). She has drawn the line at saline in her nose.
She had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and her cold returned last week followed by a really weird smell on Friday. She was so congested and stopped up so I decided the smell was from all the mucus trapped inside of her. Cold medicine wasn't working so I decided it was time for saline. Oh boy! Those first few times, I sat on her chest with her arms pinned down by my legs. I held her head with one hand and sprayed the saline with the other. NOT FUN! Who knew though, that it would only take a few times of that and Allie is now squirting the stuff up her nose as well as Caden does. She even giggles while she's doing it. We used the saline every few hours all weekend and things are loosening up. That funny smell is finally gone. I was going to take her back to the doctor today (and she was unhappy because it's her 100th day of school), but I'm going to give her a few more days to see if we can get her cleared up on our own.
The joys of crazy wintery weather - yesterday was high in the 60s, low in the 30s.
No comments:
Post a Comment