Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

I Have a New Skill

I know how to grout! It's that exciting?! Most of you are probably saying, "um, no." Our bathroom floor was in sad shape. The grout was flaking out in places. In other places the previous owners had unsuccessfully tried to fix the problem w/ gray grout (the grout's white) and white caulk. It was hideous and such a mess. I hated the floor. I started scraping the grout out in October, maybe. I've been working on it slowly since then (it's a huge bathroom). I finished it up last week just in time for my Dad's visit. I guess you could say I had a "Daddy Do list."

We regrouted the floor today and it looks phenomenal! At first, Dad did the work and I just watched, but after some prodding (since it's my floor), he let me do the work. We worked together on 3/4 of it, but I totally finished the last part. Next week, I'm regrouting the kids' bathroom! I'm addicted to pretty white grout lines. The rest of my house must have them!
Dad working - he was so not into me taking pictures.
The finished floor. Isn't it beautiful! We'll seal it tomorrow and it's all done. If I'd known it was going to be that easy, it would have been much higher on my to-do list...and on my list, not my daddy do list.

1 comment:

  1. I do admire your love of all things home repair! Way to go Kelly and Kelly's Dad. That floor looks great!

    ReplyDelete