Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Readjustment

Mom and Dad left on Sunday and I've definitely felt it. Monday was a good day, but Tuesday and today have been B-A-D. Jaelyn had a small tantrum Tuesday morning and then at bedtime, Jaelyn had a huge explosion while Allie had an emotional meltdown. It didn't help that Jaelyn pushed Allie down in the middle of all of it. I was so thankful for my sweet Caden who climbed nicely into bed and layed quietly.

This morning started about 5 with Allie waking up. I caught her trying to wake Jaelyn up. I didn't catch Caden at 6:30 when he succeeded in waking her up. A large part of our problem is lack of sleep. I know it, but I feel powerless to fix it. Our morning was calm, but Jaelyn came home and immediately pitched a fit because Caden was throwing a tissue in the air and she wanted it. Totally irrational, stomping, screaming, you know the drill. While carrying her to her room, she kicked the wall and I think grabbed the rail...not totally sure, but the end result was me dropping her and falling backwards down a few stairs until I caught myself - and that was even before the tantrum really got going. It's dinnertime now and then baths and beds immediately. I'm tired and so are they.

4 comments:

  1. Praying that everyone settles down soon and adjusts quickly - and that everyone, including you, gets a good nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    Words can not express the admiration I have for you and those like you. Serving the time I did, it amazed me what my wife did and went through- and the longest I was ever gone was 3 1/2 months. I admire Danny for his service and you for yours- Thank you!!! I pray evry night for you and that he comes back soon and safe.
    God Bless
    Chris Hendrix
    PS. Danny dropped off facebook, and we were getting a care package together and now do not have his address- if you could- could you send it to me at chrishendrix@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((((kelly))))))

    I have been there too. I'm sorry that things have been rough the past couple of days. Praying for a much better end to the week!

    julied

    ReplyDelete