Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Blessed

It's hard sometimes because it feels like this is going to go on forever. Daily living, surviving, is hard sometimes. I'm blessed though ~ truly blessed. I have family who love us. I have parents who are putting off a kitchen remodel so they can buy plane tickets to come visit us every few months until Dan comes home. I have friends literally all over the world who are praying for us. I have my friends here who are always ready for breakfast and chatting at Ikea or babysitting so I can have a break. I have friends who are so afraid they missed my birthday that they run out to buy me a cake and a card (still enjoying that :p). I have families in Caden's preschool who are asking to send him a care package even though they don't really know us. I'm blessed. We will get through this. We will survive.

Today I was blessed with a package in the mail from a dear friend I've never even met (in real life at least). We met on Hannah's Prayer years ago while we were both waiting to bring our children home (us from Russia, Jessie from Haiti). Even though we've never met in person, we've formed a bond and Jessie truly knows me. Want to see my package? Only a picture will do it justice.
A deployment's supply of chocolate! I'm in heaven!!!!!!

1 comment: