Thursday, February 26, 2009
It's 7:20 pm and All's Quiet...Not Easily Though
We had a pretty good day until bedtime. I had snacks ready when the girls walked in the door. Jaelyn got lots of undivided attention or was occupied when I had to help Allie with her homework. I even cooked Jaelyn's favorite chicken so I could get some protein in her. As I already mentioned, I even rewarded the kids with an M&M for taking a dose of benadryl at 4:30. Everything was set for a smooth bedtime. At 6, I offered 5 tickets for going up and getting ready for bed on their own. Normally Jaelyn jumps at the chance to earn tickets. Not tonight. At 6:20, when we headed up stairs, she flipped because she wanted those 5 tickets. I managed to get her up the stairs without carrying her, but it went from bad to worse when she couldn't pick out a nightgown. She wanted only 1, the only dirty one in the house. I finally dug it out of the dirty clothes hamper and pushed it over her head (I smelled it, it was okay ;). Allie went to bed in the sleeping bag in my room because Jaelyn wouldn't stop screaming. I actually recorded her to play back when she's calm and rational to talk about it. She said she wasn't tired, but she was sooo wrong. Maybe I gave the benadryl too early??? In the end, after a time-out for me to the laundry room, she quieted enough that I rubbed her back. She was asleep in less than 5 minutes. Allie and Caden also went to sleep quickly. I now have several quiet hours to unwind before bed. Chocolate and last night's Lost, anyone???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment