I've been thinking about this post for a while. If you like happy, go-lucky roses and rainbows type posts, stop reading now.
I know I have many readers who love to have a peak into our lives, but I don't blog for you. I blog for me, Dan and the kids. It's my creative outlet to laugh, cry, scream or do whatever I need to do. I am saving my entries and publishing books for the kids so that they'll have a true picture of what their childhoods were like. I try to be as "real" as I can be for them. I'm sharing my blog with you because I'm looking for support, not advice.
So, I say all that to say...This deployment sucks. I've tried hard to come up with a different, more polite way to say it, but I can't seem to find an expression that fits better. This sucks just fits. This is by far the hardest thing we've ever had to do in our lives and I don't say that lightly. This is harder than moving over and over again (10 cities in 11 years), harder than the years of infertility, treatments and negative cycle after negative cycle, harder than going from no kids to a baby and toddler over-night, harder than moving said baby and toddler to a foreign country and adding a newborn when we had nobody to help, harder than an 18 months separation from Dan. Some days, I think it's harder than all those years combined. I don't have a clue how I'd make it through on my own. Thankfully God's getting use through and He's going to bring Dan home safely to us. I believe that. I just wish He'd pick up the pace!!!
PS - Reinforcements are coming TODAY so next week will probably be pretty good compared to all the other weeks without Danny!
You poor thing. I just can't even imagine.
ReplyDeleteI love you. I'm glad your real. If I don't know your reality, it's hard to pray specifically for you guys. Thanks for being honest. It really does ____! (I couldn't type it.) : )
ReplyDeleteLove you girl and know that I'm lifting you up daily - I don't know how you do it and I think you're an AMAZING wife and mom (and friend too!) Love you!! Sarah :-)
ReplyDelete((((Kelly)))). Praying for you today,tomorrow and for the next 187 days.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you are real. I view my blog as an "easier scrapbook of life". Sorry that your scrapbook of life has so many "sucky" times, Kelly. Thanks for sharing so that I know how to pray for you and the fam!
ReplyDelete