Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Much Needed Sleep

I did dinner, bath, reading and bed with the kids and had them tucked in by 6:20...an hour early. Caden was exhausted and went right to sleep. Allie played quietly in her bed, but Jaelyn alternated between whining "I'm not tired" and crying. Allie settled and went to sleep around 7:15. By 7:30, I was so tired of listening to Jaelyn. She finally went from "I'm not tired" to crying "I'm so tired." At least, she can listen to her body sometimes. I honestly don't get it. For more than a month, bedtimes have been a breeze, which I know is so unusual. All the sudden, we've dropped by into our old ways. I want the breeze back, but I digress. I told Jaelyn I was going to take a bath and go to bed. I gathered a good book and a handful of chocolate (totally undid everything I did at the gym yesterday, but Jessie, I LOVE YOU!) and let Calgon take me away. I don't know if Jaelyn continue to cry because I closed the door and turned on the bathroom fan, but when I got out, she was asleep. The girls were up at 6:30 and Caden at 6:45 this morning so that's a little improvement. Caden got over 12 hours of sleep and the girls got 10+. I'm considering giving them all benadryl at 4:30 today and putting them in bed at 6:30 again. My mom tells me she's reading a book that says you can actually catch up on sleep! I'm giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment