Sunday, February 1, 2009
Solved My Toy Problem for Now
Our playroom is over run with toys. There is constantly a mess with the majority of the toys in the floor. When we had big toddler toys, clean up was quick and easy, but now all of the toys are microscopic and the kids are getting lazy. Lately Jaelyn has taken to dumping every bucket of toys into the floor. She thinks it's a game and Caden has joined in on it. I heard them tonight and sent a very upset Caden up the stairs with his sisters (who were very indifferent) while I took 2 large laundry baskets and put every toy on the floor in them. They are now locked in our spare room until I can get new tubs and then everything is going in the storage closet until they can prove to me they can play nicely and clean up after themselves. How do you teach kids to respect their belongings because mine certainly dont!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let me know when you find out the answer to that!
ReplyDeleteMy room was constantly messy. You have to dump out the toys to play with them...its a rule or something. Putting them back up is the hard part. Love you. Dan
ReplyDeleteLove Dan's comment. lol
ReplyDeleteI don't have this one figured out either Kelly. And we have the same problem. Our munchkins are the same age, so I figure that they are doing EXACTLY what yours are doing.
I am going to research some ideas today, when I come up with some good ones, I will post on my blog. If you come up with any...do the same!!!