Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Yucatan Marinated Chicken

My friend, Kendra, continues to inspire me to try new things...except brussel sprouts of course.  I copied this from someone at Hannah's Prayer last fall and stuck it in my cookbook.  I pulled it out last night when I was making my menu for the next few weeks.  I grill a lot of chicken and am always looking for a new marinade or flavor to try.  I made it tonight and it was wonderful.  I'll definitely make it again.

Yucatan Marinated Chicken

In a ziploc bag mix:
juice from 1 lime
juice from 1 lemon
juice from 1 orange
(or I guess you could use concentrate that you might have in your fridge if you didn't have the real deals)
1 clove chopped garlic - or 1/2 tsp if you buy it already chopped in a jar like I do :p
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
3 boneless skinless chicken breast (I cut them in half so 6 pieces - the picture is deceiving)

The marinade recipe was actually doubled, but since I was only cooking 3 chicken breast, I halved it.  Increase it accordingly.  Marinate several hours in the fridge and then grill.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds delightful...with a side of brussels sprouts ;) I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete