Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Allie Asked Jesus Into Her Heart

The kids read in their beds everynight before lights out. Allie's book of choice has been her kid's Bible lately. It has the story and then songs to go with each story. Most are sung to tunes she already knows so they are easy for her to sing (it gets her in trouble some nights). Last night, she reread the Easter story. I'm always explaining salvation to the kids and asking if they'd like to ask Jesus into their heart. Allie's never been interested in listening or praying with me. Last night she was; so after her story, she prayed and asked Jesus to come live in her heart. I am continually amazed at the innocence and faith of a child. They believe so easily. There's no questioning or wondering. They just trust. I wish I could trust God so easily with everything in my life all the time.

On a diferent note, Caden has been wondering who made God. He knows that God made the world, the birds, the animals, the people, the stars, etc..."but who made God, Mommy???" My answer that God is God, He is and will always be just isn't enough for him. So - can anyone help me? How do I answer "who made God" so a 5 year old will understand?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kelly, I am rejoicing with tears in my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete