My friend, Kendra, started a cooking blog a few months ago. All of her recipes that I've tried have been really good. She posted her mom's strawberry pie recipe last week. Strawberries where on sale at the grocery store this weekend so I bought the ingredients to make it. I goofed up a little and grabbed strawberry banana jello instead of strawberry, but the glaze tasted really good...probably not quite as "strawberry" as Kendra's.
Pretty, pretty strawberries
I cheated on cooling the glaze. She said to cool it to room temperature before pouring it over the strawberries. I didn't have a lot of time so I after I simmered the glaze, I put it in a glass bowl over ice.
Pouring the glaze over the berries
I wanted to let you know I found this reading your site yesterday and at the last minute I decided to make it for my daddy/daughter science night I was holding at my house for Girl Scouts. It was a HUGE SUCCESS. My only downfall was I only made one. Next time I remember to make at least 2!! Thanks for the great idea.
ReplyDeleteKiley
I'm glad you liked it. Check out my friend Kendra's recipe blog in my links. She has some of the best recipes!
ReplyDelete