Jaelyn is super skinny. I didn't think it was possible, but she's skinnier than she was last year. The shorts that fit her in the waist are too big this year. If she didn't mind the waist of her pants/shorts resting on her hips, it would be okay, but she's picky. She says she likes to wear her pants like Grandma Molly...way above her belly button. We tried Caden's shorts on Jaelyn and while they fit in the waist, the inseam is too short because of how high she pulls the shorts. We had the same problem with pants this winter and I spent hours hunting for pants that fit her.
Instead of going on the great shorts hunt, I went to Joanns and bought material and a pattern today. I'm making her shorts. The first 2 pair cost $3.50 each, because of the pattern, but the rest will be under $3 each. I found a simple pattern and spent about 3 hours sewing today. I enjoyed it and I think I've finally figured out the tension on my sewing machine. It was sewing very nicely by the end. It's only taken 13 years to get there (shake your head and roll your eyes with me).
I am SO SO SO proud of you. I may have to do the same thing for my tall skinny girl. Her legs are so long, and her waist so tiny, nothing fits her.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. Why oh Why must it be so hard to find clothes that fit our girls?
ReplyDeleteIf I could sew, I'd be doing the same thing, but I can only do a straight line.
We are gonna do lots of dresses this summer.