Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time to Get Moving

I haven't exercised at all this school year. Last summer my excuse for not going to the gym was that I was swimming at the pool everyday. I was getting in exercise, just not at the gym I was paying for. Since school has started, I've just been pathetic. I've had no desire to go the gym. I finally cancelled my membership. It seems during those 2 1/2 hours when Caden's in school, there's always some errand to run or something to do around the house. And of course, sometimes I just like to sit and read a book. Well, no more! We joined the YMCA this weekend. It's time to get off the couch and get our butts into gear! I went tonight to get set up on the fitlinxx system. Once I figure out all the machines, I think I'll really like it. You enter a code and each machine tells you your settings, your weight and keeps track of your workouts. I also love that each cardio machine has it's own TV.

The kids are getting moving too. Caden is signed up for T-Ball at the Y. It's more of a clinic to teach the kids how to play. He loved the mixed sports class he did there last year. The girls are signed up for gymnastics at a local rec center. I'm so excited about the gymnastics. Monkey-Jaelyn is built to be a gymnast. She's tiny, but she is so strong.

I'm not sure what Dan's going to do, although he would argue that he gets moving 3 mornings a week at PT. He says he's going to use the Y - we'll see :).

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are making me feel so guilty! I keep meaning to start up jogging again, and every few weeks I will actually go, but I have way too many reasons / excuses not to!

    ReplyDelete