Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Brownie Fun

We had two Girl Scout cluster events this week.  The first was Basket Bingo.  I don't know that I've ever played real bingo other than in school here and there.  The girls and I had a good time.  Our instructions were to bring a snack for our troop and to bring our daubers.  I dipped strawberries and pretzels in chocolate.  They were a hit and they disappeared almost immediately.  For the daubers, I went to 4 different stores without success.  At least I knew what a dauber was.  A couple of the moms said they had to google "dauber."  LOL.  Thankfully, ladies had extras and were more than willing to share.  The bingo caller was fast and the room was over-filled with women and girls.  It was hard to hear with all the chatting, but we perservered.  Unfortunately, it wasn't our lucky night.  Neither the girls nor I won a game.  We came close, but no bingos. 
 
Jaelyn was there for the fun, but Allie was very serious, very competitive and very upset when we left without her winning anything.  (her medicine is working marvelously, but one side effect we've noticed is she gets more emotional when she's frustrated.)
 

Today, we went ice skating.  I went by myself with all three kids and hoped there would be other moms there skating to help if needed.  It's been a year since we skated.  Jaelyn did really well and skated part of the time without the walker.  Allie struggled with her walker.  She kept falling.  I had a big walker I was using to push Caden and finally, I made them take turns.  I'd push Allie for 2 laps while Caden sat out and then I'd push Caden for 2 laps while Allie sat out.  About an hour into skating, Allie went to the bathroom and didn't come back.  When I went to find her, she had turned in her skates and was putting her shoes back on.  I knew she couldn't sit for an hour and watch everyone skate, so the rest of us got our shoes and headed home.  It was a fun outing and best of all, the girls got another patch for the back of the vests.  Yippee...more sewing for me!  (read that last sentence with sarcasm, please.)



1 comment: