Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mother's Day is Around the Corner

I don't know about you, but in this house, if I want a Mother's Day present, I need to either tell Dan what I want while making eye contact ;) or go out and buy it myself.  Other than my very first Mother's Day, I've done the second.  Usually I buy a new picture frame or do some sort of art project with the kids to commemorate what size they are.  I haven't done hand prints in a while and honestly, before too long their hands will be too big to do cute little projects.  The girls went to Amazing Glaze this week for their Girl Scout meeting and I saw the neatest glass handprint project.  We took the kids back today so I could make it.  I can't wait to pick it up after all the glass is melted together in the kiln.

(btw - I fixed Caden's "N" after I took the picture)

Dan helped the kids each paint a small project while I worked on my big glass project.  There's no way I could have finished mine and helped them without Dan's help.  Thank you for coming with us!  I know it wasn't your idea of a fun Saturday morning.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to do that!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like.

    I gave up on mother's day a long time ago. The Army seems to think my husband should never be home to celebrate that day. So, I just wake up, thank God he filled my arms to overflowing, and then try not to pull my hair out until bed time ;)

    ReplyDelete