We have a few outings coming up at busy places. I decided to make the kids matching tie dye shirts so they'll be easier to keep track of. It was my first adventure into dyeing clothes. With the help of youtube, we figured out how to roll and tie the shirts to a make a spiral pattern. We did 1 for each child and 1 for my Dad because he's just cool like that. I ran out of blue and yellow dye and made his red without thinking. Once it was washed, Dad's shirt was a pretty pink. I'm heading to Joanns tomorrow for my dye to try again and make him one that matches the kids.
I just finished tie dyeing 27 shirts for our field trip next week. Rainbow swirl. Every year I wonder why in the world I am doing it. Next year I'm asking for donations and buying them in bulk (already dyed). They turned out great, but that was a lot of work!
ReplyDelete