Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Visitors are A'Coming

I'm so excited.  My parents haven't been here since last June, which is a really long time for them.  They are finally coming, and in their motor home, no less.  It's their first big trek.  Up until now, Disney was their furthest destination.  They left Pensacola Monday morning and are somewhere past Knoxville tonight.  They'll spend 2 days in the Shenandoah Valley and then meet us in Hershey, PA on Friday afternoon.  They've only had one incident so far that involved my dad breaking into their motor home through the driver's side window and then giving my mom a lift so she could get in.  How I wish I could have been a fly on the wall with a little camera!  Can you imagine the pictures?  Awesome. 

Anyway, the plan is to camp at Hershey over the weekend while we have fun in the sweetest place on Earth.  I can't decide if the kids are more excited about seeing Baba and Grandpa, camping in their motor home, or riding roller coasters.  I think the roller coaster are going to win.  I'm just excited about the chocolate!!!   I'm also looking forward to camping without children.  Night time isn't the most fun when camping with kids who won't settle or have to go pee in the middle of the night.  Baba will have night duty...not ME!  This is a test run for a Disney vacation in November so I hope everyone behaves for Baba and Grandpa.

After our weekend away, Dad will store their RV in a storage place and they'll stay with us for 2 1/2 weeks.  I can't wait.  It's going to be so nice to have them here.  The kids have missed them.  We haven't seen family since Christmas.

(Joannie - get that webcam because the kids miss you too and want to play games!!!  I keep telling them you are going to get it set up!)

2 comments:

  1. Am I right in assuming that Hershey is the same Hershey of Hershy Chocolates? They have a factory there? And do they do tours? And are ALL of you sleeping in the Camper? Full of questions today, aren't I?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...yes Hershey, PA is the home of Hershey Chocolate. They built the factory and community, schools, etc for the workers. Cadbury has a similiar town. You can't tour the factory anymore, but they have a mock simulation ride where they give you chocolate at the end. Dan and I will be in a tent on a different cmp site because while 37 ft is big, it's not big enough.

    ReplyDelete