On Tuesday, Allie turned 7. How she's 7, I still don't understand, but she is. It seems like just yesterday that we got the call telling us our travel dates to meet Jaelyn and that a baby girl referral was on the way for us. Allie is my happy child. She makes me laugh constantly. She's smart and funny and and has the sunniest personality. I can't imagine my life without her and I thank God everyday for giving her to us. We are the luckiest parents in the world to get to be her Mommy and Daddy!
We baked cupcakes for Allie and Dan got home early just as I was finishing up the icing. We ate our cupcakes and opened presents in the afternoon and then took Allie to her favorite place, Ruby Tuesdays, for dinner. It wasn't very busy and the waiter was wonderful. They apparently don't sing at RT, but they made an exception for Allie. They sang to her and brought her an ice cream sundae. BTW, Allie woke up asking for her birthday princess hat that we've had since she turned 3 and she wore it everywhere we went. She told everyone "Today is my birthday and I'm going to be 7."
Allie took the time to read each of her cards. She's my first child to do that. Normally they rip off the paper and totally ignore the cards.
Dan and I bought Allie a Just Like You doll from American Girls. She was so excited. Baba and Grandpa got her an outfit so she could match "Sasha." (which is a nickname for Alexandra in Russia and what she was called in the baby home)
No comments:
Post a Comment