Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Tomorrow is Today!!

Two hundred seventy days is a long time. That's 6480 hours and sometimes we survived literally hour to hour. Deployments, encase you haven't figured out, are all about survival and just getting through them. I'm so glad this one is finally over. Dan called this morning with his flight times...landing 10 pm tonight after a layover in Boston (crazy). I was disappointed and a little unhappy about the late night with the kids. Then he called and said he got on an earlier flight and he'd be home by 4. We hurried to hang our sign and balloons and jumped in the car. We were so excited. We were 10 minutes from our house when Dan called to say he was stand-by and hadn't made the cut. Talk about deflating happy hearts. We are now back to the 10pm landing.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your waiting again.

    But I just saw the pic in your post and literally burst into tears. I.Am. SOOOO happy for you and yours Kel.

    Hug him TIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Dan will be there to help with the after effects of the late night!
    I am so happy that you guys will be back together at last.
    And that sign looks absolutely AWSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 9:30. I'm sure you're on your way to the airport.

    We love you and the kids and Dan. We're so proud of all of you.

    And I love that picture.

    God bless!

    ~Alli from PAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my sweet Kelly and family!!!

    He should be back at home...RIGHT NOW! Praising God that you made it through this time.

    Love you, congrats, and WELCOME HOME DAN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YAY YAY!!!! :)

    Jen (ChoosingJoy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major Dad we all welcome ya home especially that wonderful family you have!God Bless each and everyone of ya! G U C

    ReplyDelete