Anyway, I set my alarm for 6:30 this morning so I could get up and get ready before the kids got up. Allie came to me in the bathroom already dressed wanting her hair fixed with a pretty bow. Caden followed quickly after her. Jaelyn, thankfully, slept till 7. The morning went really well. Everyone ate a good breakfast and got ready on time. We did have one slight problem over shoes. Jaelyn did not want to wear her new Mary Janes. She loves this style of shoe. I took her to the real Stride Rite store (I didn't want to spend half a day lost in Amish country again for 1 pair of discounted shoes) and let her pick out a new pair. $55 for her new shoes and this morning, she refused to put them on saying she didn't like them. Talk about making me flip my lid! She wanted to wear her new tennis shoes because they were more comfortable. My response was to tell her if she didn't wear her brown shoes, I would not be buying her another pair for the rest of the year. She took what I said to heart because when we went out the door to the bus stop, she had on pretty shoes that looked good with her dress, not clunky tennis shoes.
1st Day pictures
The last 2 years, I cried as the bus drove away. I'm a little sad today, but I don't feel the overwhelming need to sob! Dan is keeping Caden occupied this morning. He's going to be so bored until he starts school on the 9th.
No comments:
Post a Comment