Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving In


Dan went to work for a little bit on Wednesday to pick up the gear he shipped home. He took Jaelyn with him while I took Allie and Caden to run errands with me. I need to stop and admit that I do not like taking all 3 of my children shopping. It's hard work and not fun at all. Taking 2 and even 1 some this week was soooo nice. Anyway, Dan brought home 5-6 HUGE foot lockers filled with camouflaged stuff! I'm sure there's a more technical term than stuff, but to me, that's what it is. I was really impressed with Dan. Normally, he's not into work and would have brought the boxes home to leave them in the basement, unpacking them slowly over several days, leaving me a huge mess that would drive me slowly crazy. This time, he unpacked all of the stuff the first day and I didn't lose my house to a sea of camouflage. The kids had fun helping him unpack and looking at all of his treasures he brought home. Our favorite by far is the Aladdin lamp.
Caden carried it around all day. The girls wanted it so badly. Eventually, I had to take it and put it in my locked cabinet. Dan did give it to me after all.

I think Dan needs to work on his Iraqi yashmagh (aka turban) wrapping skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment