I was so thankful to get up and see sunny blue skies with puffy white clouds this morning. It's our last weekend to go to the pool before it closes for the year. We'd planned on going Saturday afternoon, but thunderstorms were forecasted. They never materialized, but I like to go early on weekends before the pool gets filled up with young soldiers from the different schools on the base. I took the kids after lunch today. We only stayed about 2 hours because it was getting really full. I got tired of telling the guys to watch their language (insert me rolling my eyes). Why do people talk like that? I don't understand. I don't think my kids actually heard anything and they had fun diving for their rings and going off the diving boards; so it turned out okay.
Allie and Jaelyn are looking forward to school next week. Both had really good first days. There has been no crying for Miss Burriss from Allie and, surprise, surprise, she likes Mr. P (the new gym teacher). There was a scare the first day when she came home talking of the scary new music man with a beard (she's just seen him in the hall). Jaelyn assured her it was Mr. Bruns who just grew a beard over the summer. Allie thought that was silly and planned to question him about it as soon as she has music. Jaelyn loves her teacher and is looking forward to going to school tomorrow. I'm so glad we aren't have a repeat of her daily "I hate school" mantra.
Dan stayed up way too late last night switching us over to his fancy dancy super computer (Dude, we have a Dell) he bought in Iraq. I am very resistant to change so I threw a few little tantrums while I was getting my stuff set up like I like it. Sorry, Dan! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment