Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Our New Normal

It's only going to last through tomorrow, but it was nice to see what our new normal is going to be like. Everyone woke up and got ready (w/o the TV on). Dan headed off to work for his redeployment appointments and Caden and I got the girls off on the bus. I even had "the normal" fight with Jaelyn about wearing a jacket. She won and she's getting a cold so I'm sure the runny nose is only going to get worse. It's been hot, but this morning we opened the door to high 60s or maybe low 70s. It was cool. We all put on jackets, except Jaelyn, who wore shorts and a T-shirt to school. I need to print the chart I used last year again.

Anyway, by 8:30, it was just me and Caden with a long day stretched out before us. We (I) actually accomplished a lot. We walked to the library and to check out new books - my exercise for the day - my goal is to get back to the gym as soon as he starts school. I did at least 4 loads of laundry. The sheets have been changed on the beds and the house has been vacuumed. It feels good to have things picked up and clean. I even managed to fix our disconnected router issue without throwing it off the back deck. Did I mention we got a new computer? Well, new to me, we switched over the Dell Dan bought in Iraq. I hate change. Everything was set up and working on the old computer. I think all of the computer components are finally playing nicely together, but I did not enjoy the transition.

Anyway, the girls came home mostly happy (Allie lost a dollar in her classroom's citizenship for not following directions - she never would tell me why). Dan engaged in Jedi light saber training in the front yard while I helped with homework. We had dinner where I managed to get the girls to each try a bite of shrimp and to get Caden to eat 4 green beans. The kids had baths and were tucked into bed by 7:30.

It was a good day, all around I think. Dan has more appointments tomorrow. Caden and I are going grocery shopping in the morning. I might dedicate an entire post to how nice it is to shop with one child!!! Then, I'm off to Florida on Wednesday to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday and to have some "me time." I think Dan and the kids will have a great time together! After my trip, Dan'll have one week off and then he goes to back to work and Caden goes to school. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ya didn't say you would be in the company of your grandest greatest uncle!!!!G U C

    ReplyDelete