Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Creepy Crawly

We are taking care of a new "pet" at our house. Well, actually, it's in our backyard. There was a little scare today when I couldn't find the bug box and was afraid it had been taken in. Thankfully, it was tucked away in the corner of the kids' fort. We found "Creepy Crawly" (very well named I think) yesterday while we were dividing some black eyed susans. I've never seen such a big Japanese Beetle. He's at least an inch long. I really wanted to kill him, but the kids would let me. For now, he'll live in the bug box. He comes out for "walks" across hands and he loves to eat Althea leaves. I just hope none of his cousins come to visit because a few beetles this size in our yard would eat all of my plants in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment