And no, I'm not talking about Dan with our family. I'm talking about my sweet Allie girl and her friend, Alex. A couple weeks ago, I emailed his mom to see if we could set up a play date. Allie has asked to see him on several occasions. It took us several back and forths to find a date that was good for both of us - I'm not the only one keeping my kids as busy as possible. So anyway, after swim lessons yesterday (our last day!), we met Alex and his family at the giraffe park to play. It was a hard play date. Allie and Alex have a lot in common, including their emotional meltdowns and easily hurt feelings. They were both off by themselves crying on more than one occasion. It was crazy. First Jack, Alex's twin, was pushing my kids on the tire swing and Alex was upset "they weren't playing with him." Allie got off and he wouldn't talk to her so she started crying. Finally we got them playing together and then something happened and Allie was off hiding under something with tears streaming down her face. If relationships are this hard at 6, can you imagine 16? They ended up the play date on a good note, sitting on a blanket talking because they were tired. Jaelyn enjoyed playing with Jack (Jack and Alex have an October birthday so they are just a little behind Jaelyn) and Caden and Timmy (their 4 year old brother) had fun playing together as well. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures...I forgot my camera. Can you believe it? I was so mad at myself.
And it wasn't the only thing I forgot yesterday. I also forgot Jaelyn's dentist appointment to get her sealants on her molars. I called, apologized profusely and now the appointment is rescheduled for April??? Thinking we need to find a new dentist. Also thinking I need to locate my brain! It seems to have left the building.
Hi Kel, It was nice to look at your blog today and look at the counter for dan's return home. Tell Jaelyn I enjoyed her blog. Talk to you soon. Love Mom
ReplyDeleteSaw the title and my heart skipped a beat. :D
ReplyDeleteApril? That is just ridiculous!