Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching Up

Dan will be home in under 5 days. I can't believe it. I should be busy getting the house cleaned and organized, sorting out our closet and fluffing his pillows :p. It doesn't seem to be happening though. I even put off grocery shopping this week because our babysitter couldn't come on Tuesday. The thought of taking the kids to the commissary made me tired so I took them to the swimming pool instead. We've been to the pool just about everyday for the last week. It's finally warmed up and feels like what I think summer should feel like. We hit 96 one day. I love it.

My Grandmother is doing much better after having her gallbladder removed last week. There was a low blood pressure scare the day after her surgery and then she had a heart attack a few days after that. There was probably some heart damage, but for now they aren't doing the heart catheterization one of the doctors wanted. I'm glad. There's no need putting her through that if they aren't going to do anything to fix any damage she might have. She's being released from the hospital tomorrow and will go to a rehab type place to help her get her strength back. I'm hopeful she'll be back in her own home again in a few weeks, just in time to celebrate her 90th birthday...which Dan is letting me go to...BY MYSELF. I'm excited to go home for a few days to see my family and just relax. Of course, Jen and I have booked a spa day at our Destin spa. I can't wait.

My Grandfather is doing well too. He started his treatment yesterday for bladder cancer. He has 5 more treatments over the next few months. I don't have an update on Doris so I think she's healing well from her surgery.

Dan's grandfather, Daddy Doe, is back in the nursing home. The mass they removed from his prostrate was benign. We are so thankful for that. Best of all, Nana has stayed well!!! Thank you for your prayers for all of them.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! I'm sure Dan will be more interested in you than in the fluffy pillows ;)

    ReplyDelete