I loved yesterday. It was a wonderful day. First, Dan got up with the kids and I got to stay in bed until 9! Oh my goodness! He even kept them quiet so I actually got to sleep in instead of just staying in bed and listening to the ruckus. Dan did dampen my mood a little when I got up by suggesting we do our taxes online. I so wanted to go to the tax office this year. I hate entering everything and I'm never sure if I'm doing it totally correct, even though I'm using a tax program. So...because he had been so nice and he promised to go to the tax office if I couldn't figure it out, I gave it a good try. I registered with military one source so I could access H&R Blocks free tax prep (yea for military perks) and got started. It was about 9:30. At 1:00, after pulling most of my hair out and Dan having taken care of the kids ALL morning, literally, I clicked "submit" and sent our return to the IRS. Yahoo! Refund here we come - or should I say "Refund, here YOU come!" This is the last year we were able to claim our adoption tax credit. We used all of it over the last 5 years except about $2000, and that's mainly because Dan was deployed and his income was tax free for a year.
Now that we knew our refund was on the way and we knew my parents are on the way in May, we went to Sandals.com and booked a vacation for just the two of us. Check out the link so you can be totally jealous. We'll be spending 5 days and 4 nights in a St. Lucian paradise. We booked an ocean front honeymoon suite (a honeymoon wasn't a requirement, but it will be our 12th anniversary) with a huge patio. All the water and land sports are included so we'll be able to fill our days with snorkeling, diving for Dan, and sunning on the beach with a book for me. Heaven, I tell you. We've already checked out the menus of the 15 restaurants between the 3 Sandals resorts in St. Lucia, and we both need to lose a few pounds before we go so we can find them there! I'm super excited, but also a little nervous about leaving the kids for so long. I need a break, but I'll miss them. St. Lucia is a long way away from Maryland.
No comments:
Post a Comment