Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Make-up, Lies and Gummy Bears

We've had a morning...one of those mornings. Jaelyn is out of school today. Today is also grocery shopping day and we have run out of food. I bundled the kids up against the 25 degree weather and off we headed to the commissary. Shopping was an experience - not a fun one. We made it to the check-out in one piece with the promise of gummies if they continued being "okay." The girls decided to play in the parking lot and nothing makes me more mad...well, okay, there are a few things, but I'm big on parking lot safety. Anyway, the girls thought it would be fun to play and I made the executive decision that they didn't deserve the gummies they picked out. Allie was unhappy, but quiet about the decision. Jaelyn, on the other hand, was not fine with it. She pitched a complete fit on the way home and might never get gummies again if I have anything to say about it. She finally calmed down and decided to help put the groceries away.

Next Allie disappeared and unfortunately, I didn't notice it until it was too late. Later, I found her in her bedroom with my make-up all over her face and her bed. She was painting her toe nails with my mascara. I also found small pearls all around her. She had gotten into my jewelry box and taken a strand that had belonged to my Great Aunt Sarah. They were strung together with a piece of string and it pulled loose from the clasp so I'm pretty sure I can fix them, but still. It's been a while since Allie received a spanking, but she got one today.

Next...do I really need a next??? Next, I found Caden with keys that had been on a key rack. He knows he's not allowed to touch them. He lied to me and told me Jaelyn got them all down. Jaelyn says she got two of the rings down and Caden got the third. I believe her, although maybe I shouldn't (see "They did it" post). Anyway, I gave Caden several chances to tell the truth. He didn't and even blamed Allie once (who was upstairs with me getting in trouble during this time). Caden got his first dose of fibby juice on his tongue and lost tickets. He was not a happy camper.

We had lunch and all seemed well. I put Caden down for his nap and sat down to type this post. Half way through, Jaelyn, who's playing connect four in the living room, tells me "mommy, the ceiling's peeing." Oh no! Off I dash to the upstair bathroom and the toilet has over flowed. I turned off the water and cleaned up 1/4 of an inch of water off the floor. Thankfully the water found a chandelier to drip down so hopefully, it'll just drip down that and not drip on the ceiling and stain the ceiling (I just finished painting! I have no desire to paint a ceiling!!!). The water will be staying off until Dan gets home and can check the toilet. I like doing things around the house. It's fun for me to fix things, but the toilet is where I draw the line. That's a man's job (like taking out the trash :p)!

BTW - Did I mentioned Dan's out of town so today is par for the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment