Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Day of Accomplishments

I love Saturdays. I am able to get so much done that I can't get done with the kids under foot. Dan is happy to hang out and play with the kids. Yesterday, I worked on cleaning out the blue room in anticipation of my parents visit, I patched the holes in the wall and touched up the paint (something that's been on my "to do" list for a year), I put away laundry and ran 2 new loads, I painted Caden's new door and cleaned two bathrooms. It feels so good to get so many things DONE. Dan thinks I'm silly, but when my little world around me is in order (meaning my home), my life feels in order. When my little world is in chaos, my brain feels so scattered and fragmented. Dan was awesome all day. He even put the kids to bed, read to them and let me go to Walmart to pick up a few things. One hour later, I had the things on my list plus a new curtain rod and a valence for our bathroom (another thing from my "to do" list).

I almost have my house like I want it. We have new light fixtures picked out for the dining room and entry way. Once we replace those and I finish painting the downstairs staircase (TONIGHT), our house will be all done. Of course, my general rule of thumb has been once we are all settled in and have everything just like we want it, we get orders and it's time to move on. Maybe I won't hang those last few pictures in the basement! Huh?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment