Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Chinese Takeout" Lemon Chicken

I'm not a big cook, but lately, I've gotten more adventurous and I've been trying new recipes. Here's one of our new favorites.

Chinese Takeout Lemon Chicken

1 tbsp oil
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 pkg (6 oz) snow peas, trimmed (about 2 cups)
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
1 pkg (4 serving size) Jell-o gelatin (Dan likes his lemon chicken really lemony so I've been using 2 packages)
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp zesty Italian dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced

Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add snow peas and peppers (I added onions last night too); cook and stir 2 minutes.

Mix dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to a skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.

Serve over hot cooked rice.

It's quick, easy and yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment