How long do you think it's fair for me to blame things on "mommy brain?" When the girls were first home and Caden was a baby, it was a justifiable defense. Is it now? I still feel like I'm juggling 10 balls in the air at all times.
Allie, Caden and I went grocery shopping today. I parked the van. I helped the kids into their coats, locked the van doors and made them "toe the line" in between the cars. We were getting orange juice out of the dairy section forty five minutes into our shopping trip when I heard a PA announcement. "Would the owner of a Toyota van with Florida plates please come to customer service." Great - my first thought was that someone had hit our car. I did not want to deal with that. We pushed our almost full buggy to the front and approached customer service. One of the baggers was watching, waiting for us. She had this "you poor woman" look on her face mixed with a lot of pity. Praise the Lord, though, that no one hit our car. In my "mommy moment" of trying to get Allie and Caden's coats on and then get them safely to the store, I had forgotten to close the van door. Hey, but at least I locked it :p. It was one of those times that I just had to shake my head, smile and continue on with our day (after we had gone out in the cold, with our coats in the buggy still in the store, to close the van door, of course.) So, what do you think? Can I plead Mommy Brain???
No comments:
Post a Comment