It's interesting to see what people put in the caches. Some is totally junk...other things are neat. In this one, we found a teddy bear stamp missing a foot (junk), 10% off our next liquor purchase at a liquor store (I guess that "might" be a good one if you drank???), a braided dog pull and some odds and ends toys. We took two toys and left an Olympic Pin and silly bandz.
The second cache along the trail was in the middle of a bamboo grove. This was a really neat area. It was like we stepped out of Abingdon and into China. It felt like we were in our own secluded world and panda bears would be joining us at any minute.
The kids had fun climbing and bounching on the fallen bamboo.
It was really wet in this area and the bamboo had grown up onto the trail. Dan went a little further while I stayed with the kids, but he couldn't find the cache or a way for us to get through without getting wet.
The honey suckle is blooming everywhere. It smells so good walking through the woods. I'm not sure why, but honey suckle always reminds me of my Grandma Mac. I'll have to ask my Grandpa or Dad what the connection is. I've taught the kids how to pull the flower off to get to the nectar and now as soon as they smell it, they go hunting and pull handfuls of flowers off. I keep telling them it reminds me of her. They may not have gotten to meet her, but I want them to "know her."
After we gave up on those caches, we found a new cache right by our house. We weren't the FTF (first to find - learning the geocaching lingo). We were the second people there. This was a hard one as both of our GPS decided to mess up so we had to use the clue and find it the hard way :p. While we were looking we found a new friend. He provided a good 10 minutes of fun as the kids took turns catching him. Poor guy must have been scared to death, but he didn't pee on anyone.
That looks like a BLAST! We'll have to do it when Prince Charming gets big enough.
ReplyDeleteRich plans on leaving a little batman action figure, an x-wing fighter, and a limited edition revenge of the sith coin when we go hiking in North Carolina. He's found 3 caches we are going to look for just off the AT.
ReplyDelete