Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Strawberry Picking

I've always wanted to take the kids strawberry picking, but I never know when they are in season. Dan says we've taken them once before, but I have no memory (and more importantly no pictures) of it so I don't believe him. We made memories today though and I have the pictures to prove it.
We went to Brad's Produce and picked about 10 pounds of strawberries. I am planning on making strawberry bread, strawberry jam and freezing some for smoothies. Anyone have any other recipes or favorite jam and bread recipes??? Feel free to share!

It warmed up today into the 80s (the first warm day in a week and a half). It was perfect to be out in the "fields" picking :p.

Jaelyn and Caden filled up their buckets pretty quickly with help, but Allie was Miss Independent. I think she ate more than she put in her bucket. Towards the end, she let us help and we filled her bucket to the brim too.

No comments:

Post a Comment