Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Don't Believe It

I started cleaning my house yesterday morning after I dropped Caden off at school.  Dust doesn't normally bother me which might be shocking for anyone who knows my OCD perfectionist personality.  Well, it WAS bothering even me which means it was thick.  I started upstairs dusting and vacuuming with my vacuum.  I filled the canister to over-flowing.  My house was yucky.  I also sanitized the bathrooms (bye bye Jaelyn's tummy virus I hope), changed the sheets on the beds, and did laundry.  When the girls got home from school, I told them I had spent all day cleaning and I wanted the house to stay clean until bedtime.  That's no small task.  I'm proud to say that 24 hours from the time I started cleaning, the house is still clean.  The kids even picked up the craft table from their early morning (6 a.m.) art session.  It's so nice to just sit and enjoy my clean house.  It's amazing how being in a neat, clean environment can calm and energize me at the same time.

I also worked in the yard yesterday.  Our grass was so tall.  I cut and weed-eated everything.  It looks so nice.  My iris are almost done blooming, but now my salvia is blooming and my lantana is starting to grow.  It'll be full of yellow soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment