Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


I went on a field trip with Jaelyn's 2nd grade class to Camden Yards today.  It was awesome and I don't like baseball.  Our tour guide was fabulous and filled the day full of interesting facts.  Did you know new baseballs are rubbed with a certain type of mud from a secret place along the Delaware River?  I googled it encase you don't believe me.  They prepare 7 dozen balls for each game?  That's 84 baseballs that have to get rubbed down with mud.  Too funny.  I think my favorite part was learning about how they care for the grass.  Grass patterns make me happy...what can I say?  It's just like vacuum marks!  Ahhhh! 

Jaelyn got a kick out of seeing the ground's keepers with little buckets picking up little teeny tiny bits of stuff off the grass.  That crew works hard.  We got to go in a luxury box that runs around $100,000 a year, the kids sat in the dugout and we learned all about the famous Orioles players and their records. 

We had a blast.  I loved getting to see Jaelyn in action...interacting with her friends.  We took the tour, had lunch and got some shopping in.  Camden Yards rips people off.  They charge $1 to smoosh a penny.  I've never paid over $.50 for any of the pennies in my smooshed penny jar.  I'd hate to see what they charge for a hot dog!


The kids listening to the tour guide.  Jaelyn is wearing a white shirt with a blue backpack on her back.  I'm always amazed by how tiny she is compared ot her peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment