Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

What's Up With Dan

When Dan and I got married, he told me he'd clean the bathrooms, but that he was not washing dishes.  He's held true to that statement; although I could probably count on one hand the number of times he's cleaned the bathrooms.  He has always been good about emptying the dishwasher for me though.  He doesn't count that as "doing dishes."  Well, I don't know what's the matter with him?  Last night, I needed to clean up after dinner and get the kids in the bathtub.  I asked him for help and he always picks baths.  Last night, he picked the dishes.   Not only did he wash the dishes, but he had to wash them by hand because the dishwasher was running.  I was so impressed with how nicely he stacked the plates. I don't even do that.

Dan has always been cool, calm and collect.  He never gets too excited or too mad or too sad.  He's the most even keeled guy I know which is great because I'm far from even keeled :p.  Well, he came home from work a few weeks ago really bent out of shape.  He was so angry at what was going on.  He was ranting and raving about calling his branch manager and trying to get orders.  He didn't care where we went as long as we went soon.  It shocked me!  My only response was to tell him to think about it for a few days and if he felt the same way, to go for it and I'd support his decision (as long as he didn't get us sent to Alaska).  Within a few days, he calmed down and things settled at work.  I asked him how he felt about things yesterday and his response was "I'm over my hissy fit.  Everything's fine."  HIS HISSY FIT!  His words, not mine.  My cool, never get his feathers ruffled husband had a hissy fit.  I love it.  Think I'm rubbing off on him finally???  Now if only my bed making skills could rub off on him next!

No comments:

Post a Comment