Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Mom Dating

I had a mom date yesterday.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, the phrase was coined by my dear friend Jenn.  A mom date, also sometimes referred to as a play date, is a time when kids and moms can get together to play and visit.  The kids play happily on the playground and the moms get to sit and talk and see if they click or not.  Mom dating can be very positive, but it can also put you in relationships you'd rather not be in :p, sort of like real dating.  Our dates yesterday were with Leslie and her 5 year old son, Wyatt.  Leslie's daughter is in the girls' brownie troop.  At Brownie Bingo, Leslie and I started talking and realized our husbands work together at the 20th.  At Kindergarten Registration, we ran into her again and learned she had a 5 year old son.  Nature took it's course and we decided to get the boys together to play.  In the meantime, Dan and Dave, Leslie's husband, went to Las Vegas together and finally realized the connection we've both been telling them about.  Dan has become "that EOD guy" much to Leslie's chagrin.  Anyway, we met at Chick-fil-a yesterday and had a great lunch.  The boys had fun playing, although who knows if they really played "together" in the play area.  Leslie and I had a great time talking.  We have a lot in common and I'd say I have a new friend.  Dave told Dan he sees backyard grilling in our future.  Fun...it's been a while since we had another family we could hang out with as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment