So in honor of all my friends who like to "keep it real," I thought I'd do that today. I used to be so skinny and most people would say I still am, but life has driven me to chocolate one too many times over the last few years. I've gained a little bit of weight, not a lot, but enough that my shorts don't fit. And I don't care how big or small you are, when your shorts don't fit, they don't fit and it's time to do something about it. This is a new experience for me and I don't like it at all. I discovered this really cool app on my Iphone called Daily Burn and I'm using it to track what I'm eating. I was appalled when I really started looking at labels. For the last week or so, I've entered everything that's gone into my mouth into my Iphone. I'm nerdy and having accountability, even if it's to a program, is all I need. So far, I've last 6 pounds, with 6 more to go to get to my goal. The best part is we aren't dieting. We are eating really well with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and by eating well all the time, I can afford to have a treat every now and then like the Cocoa Cola Cake the 5 of us split at Cracker Barrel last night.
Tonight's dinner - Chicken Shish Kabobs with onion, mushrooms, bell peppers and pineapples
I've also started exercising again. I've been walking and doing strength training at the YMCA. It feels good to be doing something for ME!
Awesome! I keep telling people that healthy eating is ABUNDANT! We eat scads and scads of food around here....just the good stuff! Dinner looks lovely.
ReplyDelete