Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Scheduled Our Classes

In the state of Maryland, you have to take 27 training hours to become foster parents. Our county's next class doesn't start until September, but Cecil County is starting a class in 2 weeks. The September class here should be licensed by January and we don't want to wait that long. I still have to confirm with the coordinator there, but our coordinator here put our name on the list. We start May 12th. We'll be missing one class while we are in St. Lucia that will have to be made up in September, but that's okay. We can't complete our home study or be licensed until we complete the hours, which means we will hopefully be licensed by the end of September or beginning of October. I talked to our new baby sitter (yea, still love her) today and her mom is going to let her baby sit for us the hours that we need; so we are all set!

I'm actually getting very excited about this. I know it's not a sure thing, but I feel very hopeful about having another little boy. I guess I feel kind of like I did when we decided to pursue the girls' adoption. When we first started, I was excited, but very apprehensive about it, but within a few weeks, I was so sure it was what we were supposed to be doing. This feels the same way.

We talked with the kids tonight and explained as best we could on their levels about being a foster family. We have decided not to mention adoption to them until we get to that point. At dinner, Jaelyn counted us and said "There are 3 girls and 2 boys. When we got our little boy, there'll be 3 girls and 3 boys. Six!" Sounds like someone else likes the idea too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that the kids like the idea too. How sweet of Jae to be already looking forward to it, and thinking that 6 is a good #. Continue to be praying for you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete