It's April. We are still having weather in the 30s and 40s and I don't like it. I am such a Florida girl. Today, finally, we have clear, blue skies, a beautiful, bright sun and a temperature of 71 degrees. We were busy this morning, but have spent a few hours outside this afternoon. I dressed Allie and Caden in shorts and T-Shirts. How nice is that? I should have waited for Dan, but instead I man handled five 50 lb bags of play sand off of our deck and filled the kids sandbox up. It was great fun until Caden fell and skinned his knee. Poor guy! Allie loves the swing set, and I especially love it now that she can pump and swing herself. I think Dan might have started a trend with our playset. One of our neighbors behind us is busily building this same one this afternoon!
All of my plants are starting to come back. The hostas are poking their little heads out of the ground. The hydrangea has buds all over it. Our tree in the back is covered in blooms (we were worried because last year, the top died and it had to come back from the bottom). My irises are up. I've spied day lilies and black eyed susans and my clematis is creeping slowly up the fence again. I can't wait to get our vegetables in the ground and see how they do.
All is well in my world today now that I have warm weather, green plants and sunshine!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment