We have a great eater (Allie), an okay eater (Jaelyn) and a picky, I don't eat vegetables eater (Caden.) I will admit I cater to them a little too much with meals. I don't necessarily fix completely different meals, but I will modify what I'm making for Dan and I so they'll eat it. There are some foods I just expect kids to eat...kid foods like tacos and spaghetti. In the past, with tacos, I would make the kids cheese quesodillas, but one night last week I decided to make them eat tacos. I knew they wouldn't like the spicy beef so I cooked fish sticks and made them fish tacos. Allie loved them and had me pile on all kinds of toppings. Caden ate his fish tacos plain, but ate them like tacos (which was my goal). Jaelyn had a total fit that her cheese was touching her fish sticks (even though she topped the taco). She took one bite and then pulled hers apart and ate the fish sticks seperately. 2 out of 3 wasn't bad. I'm considering my fish tacos a success!
I made a chicken, bean soup one night for dinner. Allie eats beans that I pull out of other soups and chilis so I gave her a bowl of soup and told her to pick out the beans herself. She wasn't sure about it at first, but once she got brave and tried it, she loved the soup and ate 3 small bowls! She even asked for soup the next day for lunch. Jaelyn and Caden ate peanut butter. I'm excited that one of my "I don't eat wet things" kids has decided to eat "wet" soup!
No comments:
Post a Comment