Sunday, April 20, 2008
Proving Me Right...3 is a Big Year
Admittedly, our church attendance has been less than stellar. We found a church we really liked not too long after we moved, but Caden has major seperation anxiety. It was becoming a huge stressor to me (and him) so we stopped going for a while. Now that Caden has done so well at the child care at the gym and is happy to be left at his friend Lyssie's to play, we decided it was time to try again. On the way to church this morning, I repeatedly talked with Caden about going into his class and how he was going to get to play with his friends. I reassured him I would be back to get him just like I do at the gym. We dropped the girls off at their classes first and then took Caden. Normally, he would have been in full hysterics mode or at least be developing a pouty, quivering lip as we walked up to his door. Not today, he hugged me bye and I told him again I'd be back. Then he went into the room and never looked back. During church, I kept a vigilant eye on the kids number board, but Caden's number never popped up. He was all smiles and happy to see me when we went back to get him and he was excited to tell me what he had done. Caden says he wants to go back to church again next week....a big year indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment