I picked up A at about 6:15 last night after having hyped the kids all day long about their new friend. They were so excited to meet her and jumped right at her. As a matter of fact, as Dan and I were readying to leave, Caden wouldn't leave A's side to give me a hug or kiss good bye. I had to go to him...the little stinker. I had given A the cliffnote's version of everyone's personalities and quirks so I was pretty confidant A would be okay. I actually didn't worry about the kids a single time while we were gone. We returned home at 9:15 to a quiet house. Amazing! A was on the couch reading a book and the kids were fast asleep in bed. I think I'm in love! She said that Caden was so sweet to her. Allie was good and didn't get into any trouble. Jaelyn was being silly when we left and A described her as a silly monkey. I didn't ask her to elaborate. I don't want to know. :p All the kids woke up asking for A this morning. We've asked A to come back and babysit for us while we take the 27 hours of foster care training that's required.
Why oh why wasn't I brave enough to find a babysitter sooner???
No comments:
Post a Comment