Saturday, April 19, 2008
Knitting
I am learning to knit. Dan's Aunt Rena made the kids hats for Christmas and I thought it would be neat to be able to make more for them. The girls aren't really into hats at the moment, but Caden has worn his hat constantly. He was wearing it in the car the other day as a "motorcycle helmet." Anyway, after Christmas, a friend asked if I'd be interested in taking a class with her. I jumped at the opportunity. I missed the first class because Dan was out of town, but Angie gave me a lesson this week so I was ready for Thursday night's class. I'm really enjoying it. So far, I've learned how to cast on and do a knit and a purl stitch. Next week, we learn how to increase and decrease stitches and how to cast off. The kids have ordered scarves and I've started with Jaelyn. It's only about 6 inches long so far. She keeps holding it up to her neck and telling me it needs to be longer. You think? I'm using regular purple yarn and funky, purple yarn that has little purple hairs coming out of it. I've come up with my own little pattern and I'm really happy with it so far. I also checked out knitting for kids books from the library. I figured if a 10 year old can follow the patterns, then I should be able to as well. My first project from the books I want to make is a stuffed lamb. Allie's also picked out a stuffed doll for me to make her. I'll post pictures when I finish Jaelyn's scarf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment