Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oops Eeps

I have truly meant to take a copy of our key to our friends that live in the next neighborhood. It's just one of those things I've kept putting off. Not anymore...they now have a key - 1 hour too late.

Yesterday was a beautiful day so when Jaelyn got home at 1 (early release day), we all stayed in the front yard. Caden and I had gone on the great hula hoop hunt earlier in the day so I was prepared for our afternoon with hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and bikes. We played with neighbors for a little while and Caden got comfortable on his new bike ($1 at a garage sale - a deal). I decided to let the kids ride around the block; so I went in to lock up the house. I had a cell phone in one pocket and keys in the other. At the last second, I decided I didn't need the cell so I reach into my pocket, threw something out and closed the door. The second after I closed the door, my brain dinged and I realized I had thrown my keys on the floor instead of the cell. Oops eeps. Thankfully my cell phone was in my pocket because I have no numbers in my head anymore. I called Dan at work and even though he was tremendously busy, he came home and unlocked the door for us. Thank you, Dan! After we got into the house and Caden went to the bathroom (he was jumping around like crazy trying to hold it until Daddy got home), I found a spare key and we drove straight to our friend's house. I feel safer now, but oh, how I miss our garage with the keypad to raise the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment