...That is the question. Caden has been my champion napper. Jaelyn and Allie both either had naps taken away (Jae) or gave up naps (Allie) at 2 1/2. The fact that Caden is 3 months past his 3rd birthday and is still taking naps makes me so happy. HOWEVER...I'm not so sure how much longer I'll get to enjoy an afternoon break. We noticed months ago that he was taking longer to go to sleep at night, but he would quietly lie in his bed so we weren't really too concerned. In the last few weeks, he's making bedtime no fun at all for us (and it had gotten so much better). Caden stays in his bed, but he calls out to us wanting to get out of bed to go potty, get a tissue, water, you name it, he cries and he plays with toys. It hasn't gotten to the "Jaelyn" point yet, but I am afraid we are close. To maintain morning naps, I woke the kids up after an hour, but Caden's afternoon nap is only usually an hour to an hour and a half so that won't work. I tried keeping Caden up today, but he got sleepy on the way home from Allie's preschool. He said he didn't want to sleep when I laid him down on the couch "to rest," but within 30 seconds, he was out cold. He still really needs a nap.
Hmmm...it's a phase that too shall pass. Until then, we might just have to deal with a few yucky nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment